Fast & Fabulous: Red Curry Chicken Stir Fry!
January 29, 2013 / Stephanie Miskew / 0 Comments
In the constant quest for healthy, weeknight meals that require a minimal amount of time and effort, here’s another Fast & Fabulous recipe I’d like to share with you: Red Curry Chicken Stir Fry!
This recipe was inspired by some of my favorite Asian flavors including spicy red curry, creamy coconut milk, and fresh ginger. The shiitake mushrooms, chopped peanuts and dark meat chicken also add delicious texture to the dish that really keeps you coming back for more – Steve will happily vouch for that!
If you’re in the mood for wine (c’mon, you know you are!), a white wine with a hint of sweetness like a Pinot Gris or Riesling will work nicely to complement the flavors and keep the spicy heat in check. If you’re in the mood for red, however, give a light, fruity Beaujolais a try.
"Fast & Fabulous: Red Curry Chicken Stir Fry"Author: Stephanie Miskew | The Glamorous GourmetRecipe type: Main CourseServes: 4Ingredients
- 3 Tbs. peanut oil
- 1 carrot peeled and thinly sliced
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 Tbs. plus ¼ cup chicken stock
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbs. peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 2 Fresno chiles, sliced
- 2 Tbs. prepared red curry paste
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into ½ inch pieces
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 8-10 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 scallions sliced, green and white parts separated
- 1 Tbsp. fish sauce
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup cilantro, for garnish
- ½ cup chopped peanuts, for garnish
- Heat 1 Tbsp. peanut oil in skillet over high heat. When oil starts to smoke, add green beans and carrots and stir fry for 1 minute. Add 2 Tbsp. chicken stock to facilitate cooking and stir fry for another minute. Transfer to plate and set aside.
- Wipe out the pan and return to heat. Add the remaining 2 Tbs. peanut oil and heat over med-hi heat. Add the garlic, ginger and half the chiles and stir fry for about a minute - be very careful not to burn the garlic!
- Add the red curry paste and stir fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the chicken and stir fry until chicken is browned, 3-4 minutes. Add the coconut milk and cook for an additional minute.
- Stir in the remaining ¼ cup chicken stock, shiitake mushrooms, light parts of the scallion, and fish sauce and cook until the chicken is cooked through, 1-2 minutes more. Add the green beans and carrots back to the pan and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with the chopped cilantro, green parts of the scallion, remaining chiles and chopped peanuts. Serve over white or brown rice.
January 29, 2013 / Stephanie Miskew / 0 Comments
Stephanie Miskew thinks life is better with wine and she wants to help you enjoy it to the fullest! As a Certified Sommelier, her real world advice on tasting wine like a pro, discovering which wines you truly love, picking the perfect bottle for any occasion and creating magical food and wine pairings will have you looking like a wine expert in any situation.
Looking for the perfect Thanksgiving wines that’ll pair with everything on your table, make even your wine snobbiest guest happy and won’t break the bank? Well, look no further! In my latest segment on WPTV I share some fabulous wines that all play nicely with a wide variety of flavors, appeal to a plethora of palates and are all under… Read More
The offers for wine clubs are E V E R Y W H E R E these days! From department stores to airlines, it seems like everyone wants to sign you up and they’re making pretty outrageous-sounding offers to lure you in. One promises “20 wines for a dollar,” while another features ONLY “award winning wines” – they all sound… Read More
“By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea!” ~ Harold Atteridge + Harry Carroll, 1914 While Summer is definitely one of my favorite times to pack up and get outta town, as the season draws to a close, I find myself craving the comforts of home. Don’t get me wrong, we thoroughly enjoyed our time in Highlands, North… Read More
“Meet me in Montauk!” – Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind The day after the glamour and indulgence of “Chefs & Champagne,” the James Beard Foundation’s Summer fundraiser that I cover every year, Steve and I love spending a relaxed, unplanned day discovering the Hamptons. Last year’s meandering led us to afternoon cocktails at Topping Rose House followed by a… Read More
Nowhere embodies relaxed Summer glamour quite like the Hamptons. Located on the East End of Long Island, this sophisticated seaside haven is also home to our favorite Summer event, the James Beard Foundation’s “Chefs & Champagne.” Held on the last Saturday in July, this glamorous Summer soirée takes place under a sprawling white tent beneath cerulean skies, at the scenic… Read More
It’s Week 3 of Rosé Month on The Wine Atelier Podcast and in this episode, I’m excited to introduce you to someone who’s had his finger on the pulse of rosé since his first cover story on the subject ten years ago, Mitch Frank, News Editor of Wine Spectator Magazine. I’m also happy to report, his second cover story on… Read More